Audience: All providers
Medicare Advantage members will receive their Annual Notice of Changes soon with details about the following benefit and administrative changes effective January 1, 2023.
The Annual Enrollment Period extends from October 15 to December 7, 2022. Medicare beneficiaries can enroll or switch plans during this time.
If members have questions, encourage them to visit MyExcellusMedicare.com or call a Customer Care Advocate at 1-877-883-9577 (TTY users call 1-800-662-1220) Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We are available seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. from October 1 to March 31.
- Applicable to all Medicare Advantage members in 2023:
- Remote access technology – 24/7 telephone access to a nurse.
- Cardiac rehabilitation – There will be no member cost share for this service.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – Members will pay no more than $20 per visit for this service.
- Mental health telehealth visits – Members are not required to have an in-person visit within six months of a mental health telehealth visit.
- Hearing benefits – $0 copay for an annual routine hearing exam and hearing aid costs reduced to $499 (advanced) and $799 (premium). Benefit is administered by TruHearingTM and members must use a TruHearing provider.
- Fitness benefits – NO annual fee (reduced from $25) at participating locations. NO annual fee (reduced from $10) for one home fitness kit per year. Access to the Healthy Aging Coaching program is included. The Silver&Fit® program is administered by American Specialty Health.
- Applicable to Medicare Advantage plans for individuals (Does not apply to members who receive a Medicare Advantage plan through a former employer):
- New member cards – Members will receive new member cards in December 2022. Please encourage members to show their current member card.
- Dental coverage – No cost sharing for preventive dental services, which includes exams, cleanings, and X-rays. No deductible, cost sharing, or additional premium for comprehensive dental services such as restorative care or major procedures. There is a $1,000 annual benefit maximum.
- New for 2023! Applicable to some Medicare Advantage plans for individuals (Not included with all plans. Does not apply to members who receive a Medicare Advantage plan through a former employer):
- Transportation benefit – Includes 12 one-way rides per year (50-mile maximum per ride) to health-related locations; benefit is administered by SafeRide®.
- Flex card – Members will receive $500 annually to use toward non-Medicare covered dental, vision and hearing services; benefit is administered by Lifetime Benefit Solutions.