Audience: All providers
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield would like you to be aware that our CareAdvance Provider authorization tool will be upgraded effective September 13, 2021. We are excited to share with you that the upgrade includes several enhancements that will help you streamline your process for requesting preauthorization requests.
Among the enhancements that you will notice beginning September 13:
- Contact information, which includes the user’s name and phone number will be a required field. This will enable the Health Plan to contact the user directly with any questions.
- Bookmarking will be available and can be accessed in the Welcome drop down box at the top right of the screen. Bookmarks can be set for categories, codes, and providers.
- Templates can be created for use with service authorization codes that are requested frequently.
Important to know:
- Effective September 13, Internet Explorer can no longer be used to access the CareAdvance Provider tool. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the recommended browsers.
- The user’s name will display in the top right corner, rather than the User ID.
You may find our new user guides with step-by-step instructions for creating templates and bookmarks helpful. Access these user guides under the Staff Training tab. Click on Presentations & Guidebooks.
We hope that you find this information helpful. If you have questions or need additional training for your staff, please contact your Provider Relations representative.Email this article