Audience: Participating dental providers
Starting May 1, 2021, the employer group(s) listed below will be receiving new dental member cards. It’s important to check all Member Cards for benefits and eligibility at each visit.
Financial Institutions, Inc.
Product Information and Member Cards
- Members will have National Dental GRID coverage.
New Member Cards will be issued, and they will contain a nine-digit alphanumeric identification number. Members should use these cards for dental services rendered on or after May 1, 2021.
- Identification cards for National Dental GRID members will have a GRID+ indicator on the back.
- The EDI submission payer ID for a Dental GRID claim is 00802.
- Paper claims for these members should be mailed to the address on the back of their card:
P.O. Box 21146
Eagan, MN 55121
- Dental claims for services rendered prior to May 1, 2021, should be submitted to the patient’s previous dental member card number.
Verifying Benefits and Eligibility
- It is important to check the Member Card and verify benefits and eligibility at each visit.
- Make a copy of your patient’s new Member Card for your records.
- Claims submitted with inaccurate Subscriber ID numbers or alpha prefixes will be rejected as “Member Not Eligible,” delaying payment and requiring submission of a new claim with the correct member information.
Thank you for your continued participation, and for the quality of care and service that you provide to our valued members. If you have questions related to claims for Dental GRID members, please contact our Dedicated Provider Service Unit at 1-800-724-1675.