Audience: All Participating and Non-Participating Providers
We are pleased to announce that Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has partnered with Zelis® Payments, an independent company and will be offering ePayment options that can accelerate the settlement of claim payments. This service will be available for all lines of business.
Zelis Payments’ solutions are designed to:
- Accelerate payment - Receive payment by up to 20 days faster than by paper check
- Receive clean and compliant 835s and Explanations of Payment (EOPs)
- Reduce risk – electronic payments are more secure, traceable and monitored
- Combine payments from multiple payers and decrease paperwork
- Lower expenses - decrease lockbox and bank fees
- Increase accuracy - detailed data helps you balance more accurately.
Effective the week ending November 20, 2020, you will no longer receive paper checks from Excellus BCBS directly. The checks will be issued by Zelis Payments. For claims completed during the week ending Friday, 11/20/20, payment and remittance information will occur as follows: ACH and Virtual Card transactions will occur on Friday, 11/27/20 (printed cards Tuesday, 12/1/20) and paper check and remittance will be mailed by Zelis on Tuesday, 12/1/20.
Additionally, please note, that the reason codes on your remittance issued by Zelis Payments may differ from the reason codes you are accustomed to seeing on your remittance issued by Excellus BCBS. Please contact our Customer Care department if you have questions.
If you are a Participating Provider, in addition to the Zelis® Payments offerings, you will continue to have the option to receive electronic funds transfers (EFTs) and electronic remittance advices (ERAs) with InstaMed®, an independent company. This service is offered to Participating providers free of charge and is available for all lines of business.
Although you can continue receiving paper checks, we strongly encourage you to consider transitioning to Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Virtual Card, which are convenient and secure. If you wish to continue receiving payment by check, no action on your part is required at this time. If you are interested in transitioning to EFT, ACH or Virtual Card, refer to the following information.
Choose what works for you:
ACH is an efficient way to maximize payments by directly depositing electronic payments into your bank account. ACH payment delivery is a CAQH CORE®-certified, which ensures compliance with ACA standards and HIPAA requirements.
Zelis Virtual Card
Virtual card payments utilize a reloadable, virtual card that can be faxed or downloaded by the provider. The provider inputs the card information into his/her card terminal to receive immediate payment for the claim.
InstaMed Services (option only available for Participating Providers):
If you wish to sign up for InstaMed’s ERA/EFT services, you can do so online at instamed.com/eraeft. This option includes access to the InstaMed portal where remittance information can be viewed, printed, and downloaded.
Important: There is a fee and required contract with Zelis Payments associated with the ACH payment method. Please contact Zelis Payments for more information. For Zelis Virtual Card, standard credit card fees apply.
Getting started is easy:
Visit zelispayments.com and click “Provider Login” to create an account. Follow the instructions below:
- Click “Sign Up Now!”
- “I don’t have a registration code” – First, request your registration code. If you are interested in enrolling with Zelis Payments but have not received a payment from us in the past, click “Next” and provide your practice detail. Be sure to populate all required fields and click “Submit Request”. A registration code will be sent via the delivery method selected.
- “I have a registration code” – If you have received a payment from Zelis Payments and have a registration code, click “Yes” when accessing the registration page. Provide your practice detail and registration code and click “Verify Registration Code and Continue”. To have your registration code reset, contact Zelis Payments Client Service at 1-877-828–8770.
Please Note: If you are already receiving ePayments from Zelis Payments, no additional set-up is necessary. After the initial setup there are no changes or set up programming requirements. All remittance information is available 24/7 via provider.zelispayments.com and can be downloaded into a PDF, CSV, or standard 835 file format. For any additional information or questions, please contact Zelis Payments Client Service Department at the number listed above.
Please share this information with your billing office and other appropriate staff. If you have questions, contact your Provider Relations representative.
Email this article