Important: As previously communicated, our dental members have received new identification numbers because Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has moved to a new processing platform.
Members have been instructed to present their new member card at their dental provider offices. To assist in a reduction of claim processing errors and a delay in reimbursement, please:
- Ask each member to see their member card to add their new Subscriber ID to your system.
- Note the effective date of the card. The date of service should be considered when submitting claims (Example: If the date of service is prior to the effective date on the card, the claim should be billed using the old subscriber number).
- If members do not have a new member card, please instruct them to go to our website member.excellusbcbs.com > Member Cards > Dental > Order Card to order a new card. They can also view and print a card by clicking View PDF.
Notify us when leaving and/or changing practice
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield reminds you of the importance of billing with the correct Tax ID and NPI when submitting claims, which eliminates delays in processing and payment.
- Changes to NPI: If there are changes to any of your demographics information, including your NPI, your practice must submit a Provider Demographic Change Form.
- If you are a participating dental provider with Excellus BCBS, you may also perform most other updates to your practice information by completing the Provider Demographic Change Form. You can find that form by visiting provider.excellusbcbs.com > Resources for Dental Providers > Keep Your Information Current. You can submit the form electronically, or by fax or mail, by visiting provider.excellusbcbs.com > Update Practice Information and follow the prompts. Submitting the form electronically is the fastest way to get your information updated!
- Changes to TAX ID:
If you have a change to your Tax ID with Excellus BCBS, your practice must sign a new contract in addition to submitting a Provider Demographic Change Form.
If you are a participating dental provider, please reach out to our Ancillary & Contracts Liaison, Julie Parish, at Julie.Parish@Excellus.com to sign a new contract.
Dental Claim Reminders
- Dental claims do not require a prefix
- Dental claims do not require a group number
- Dental payor ID is 00802
- Please allow 30 days for claims processing
- Submit paper dental claims to the following address:
- Dental Claims
P.O. Box 21146
Eagan, MN 55121
- Dental Claims
When submitting a paper claim, commas are needed in the name field
When completing a paper claim, it’s important to use commas to separate the last name, first name, and middle initial in the Patient’s Name and Insured’s Name fields. This helps to ensure the members’ first and last names are correctly identified in our system. If the names aren’t separated correctly, claims may deny.
If you have questions about the information contained in this notice, please contact your Provider Relations representative or Dental Customer Care at 1-800-724-1675.Email this article