Page Title for page template
Preventive Health Programs
Clinical Resources - Preventive Health Programs Page Content Section 1
Our preventive health programs are designed to provide members with the necessary information about preventive screenings and lifestyle behaviors to help keep them from developing a chronic or debilitating condition. Follow this link for information for your patients regarding diet, exercise and other preventive health information.
Clinical Resources - Preventive Health Programs Accordion Content Section 2
Quit For Life™ is a clinically proven, comprehensive tobacco cessation program, with dozens of studies documenting its efficacy. It works because it addresses all three aspects of tobacco dependence: physical, psychological, and behavioral. Tobacco treatment specialists (Quit Coaches) work one-on-one with participants to help them make the psychological and behavioral changes necessary to quit for life. Quit For Life™ was developed and is supported by Free & Clear, Inc. The Quit For Life™ program is available to many of our members.
Patients enrolled in the Quit For Life™ program will receive:
- One-on-one phone sessions (up to five outbound counseling calls)
- Unlimited ability to call a Coach, toll-free, seven days a week
- Recommendations on type, dose and duration of medication if appropriate
- Direct mail of nicotine replacement products (gum, patches, lozenges) free of charge
- A printed Quit Guide for support between calls
- Access to Web coach and online support
You can refer your patients using one or both of the following methods:
- For patients who need the extra push, use the fax-in registration formOpen a PDF . This form will initiate an outbound call from a Quit Coach to your patient.
- If your patient is self-motivated, you can hand him or her a brochureOpen a PDF or wallet cardOpen a PDF which provides a phone number and brief program description.
There is no cost for our members to participate. Please do not hesitate to refer all of your patients who are ready to quit. Any patient who is not eligible will be transferred to the free New York State Smokers' Quitline, which offers a program with some of the same features.
We hope that you will find this resource useful and that you will promote the program to your patients. If you would like to order materials for use in your office, please use the Free Educational Resources Order FormOpen a PDF.
Taking a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is as simple as it is secure. It's all online and takes only a few minutes to do. Answer a few basic questions about our lifestyle, good habits and bad, and we can determine what you're doing well and identify places you could improve.
Upon completing the assessment, you will be presented with your Health Profile which includes:
- Evaluation of your healthy practices and areas where improvement can be made
- Recommended programs to help reduce your risks
- Tips for healthier living
- Insight into your health and lifestyle you can share with your doctor
- Online storage of your Health Profile for personal progress reviews
We send periodic mail reminders to help patients keep up with their preventive health screenings.
We encourage our members to play an active role in their health care by sending them periodic reminders. Reminders may facilitate early identification and intervention of preventable conditions, encourage healthy behaviors and improve self-care and informed decision making. Our preventive health information is adapted from several nationally recognized health resources and is routinely updated to help keep our members informed and in good health.
- Eligibility: Managed care plan members only
- Services Offered:
- Reminders for cancer screening (colorectal, breast, cervical), well care visits, and immunizations
Healthwise® is an online database of evidence-based content on more than 6,000 health topics. Patients can research conditions, medical tests, medications, and treatment options, and get help with key decision points. It supports decisions about when a problem can be treated at home, when to see a doctor, and what treatment option best meets his or her needs. Patients can access Healthwise from the For Your Health area of our member website.
- Eligibility: Open to everyone, plan membership not required
Blue365 provides access to discounts and savings from select companies on health and wellness programs, family care, financial well-being and travel. Members can access Blue365 from the For Your Health area of the member website.