Request a Claim Adjustment

Submit a Claim Adjustment Online

Use this link to search for the claim using the 'Check Claims' feature.

Once you've found the claim, click the link to 'Request Claim Adjustment' and follow the steps.

Request by Mail

Fill out the form below and return to Excellus BCBS by mail.

Overpayment Procedures

If you discover that we overpaid your claim, you can request a claim adjustment. If the amount is large and would be difficult to resolve in future remittances, you can return the overpayment to:

Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Claim Refunds
Dept. 116250
P.O. Box 5211
Binghamton, NY 13902-5211

Please include the claim number, member ID number, reason for the refund and the date of service or a copy of the applicable remittance with the overpayment.

Please do not return overpayments for BlueCard Host claims or claims involving NYHCRA pools. Notify us in writing at the address listed above and be sure to include a copy of the remittance in question so that we may initiate a retraction. Follow this link for the Overpayment Return FormOpen the PDF


GDPR Notification Content