We are aware of issues with CareAdvance Provider being slow and timing out and we are working to resolve the issue.
Please continue to enter authorizations through the system.
They are being saved and processed internally, although you may not see the result due to the system delays.
Authorizations entered today will be available for review tomorrow.
We apologize for any inconvenience at this time; we are working on making your experience better.
Learn how to use our new CareAdvance tool with training materials located on our website under Resources > Staff Training > Presentations & Guidebooks. For additional information view FAQ's Open a PDF.
If you receive an error message stating "You have no associated provider sets", we can help you; please email your Web Username and Individual or Group NPI to CAPAdministrator@excellus.com to update the system.If you have any questions, please contact your Provider Relations Representative.
In order to help assure our members have access to safe, effective drug therapy and to protect against inappropriate use and waste, we require prior authorization and step therapy* on selected prescription medications.
Prior Authorization & Step Therapy Requirements
- Commercial 3-Tier Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Medication ListOpen a PDF
- Child Health Plus Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Medication ListOpen a PDF
- Medicaid Managed Care Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Medication ListOpen a PDF
- Specialty Rx Medication List (Self-Administered Drugs)Open a PDF
- Provider-Administered Medical Specialty Drugs Requiring Preauthorization - Commercial, Exchange and MedicareOpen a PDF
- Provider-Administered Medical Specialty Drugs Requiring Preauthorization - Medicaid, Safety Net, and Essential PlanOpen a PDF
Request Approval Online with Electronic Prior Auth (ePA)
You and your staff can request a coverage determination electronically, directly from your electronic medical record (EMR) or through CoverMyMeds ePA Portal.
- You can submit requests for PA prospectively
- You can renew Prior Authorizations 60 days prior to expiration
- ePA through CoverMyMeds is free
- Any authorized personnel can use ePA
Request Approval by Fax or Eform
Send Coverage Determination Request via Secure Eform